pen 英 [pen] 美 [pn]
pen and ink
the pen is mightier than the sword
put (或 set) pen to paper
1. He won a head-to-head battle with NF leader Jean-Marie Le Pen.
2. This cuttlefish has a horny internal shell like a pen.
3. Use different colours of felt pen on your sketch to avoid confusion.
4. Draw the basic outlines in black felt-tip pen (see fig. 4).
5. He sat behind a desk laboriously writing with an Army issue pen.
6. Snape wrote a receipt with a gold fountain pen.
7. She sat at the table with pen and paper.
8. Could you hold the line and Ill just get my pen.
9. He took the pen between his thumb and forefinger.
10. As a result, industry was overmanned and pen-pushers were everywhere.
11. I took a ballpoint pen and punched a hole in the carton.
12. The diary comes complete with a gold-coloured ballpoint pen.
13. Can I borrow a pen please .
14. Harriet fiddled with a pen on the desk.
15. I always sketch with pen and paper.