一
T:Excuse me. May I take you a picture
打扰一下,能和你拍张照吗
S:With pleasure.
非常乐意。
T:Thanks you. Shall we stand a bit further I would like to take the tower in.
谢谢,我们能站远点吗我想把这塔照进去。
S:No problem.
没问题。
T:Thats OK. If you want the photo I will mail it to you.
好了,如果你想要照片的话,我会把它寄给你的。
S:No need, sir.
不用了,先生。
二Old Town
旧城
After consulting their guidebook, Kathy and Evandecide to visit Old Town, the oldest section ofStockholm.
凯西和艾凡查阅旅游指南后,决定去参观斯德哥尔摩最老旧的城区─旧城。
E:This is right up my alley. A whole medieval town in its original condition.
艾凡:这正合我的胃口。一整座原始风貌的中古城镇。
K:Leave it to you to get off on ancient buildings. Me I like the modern world better.
凯西:只有你才会喜欢那些古老的建筑。我呢我比较喜欢现代化的世界。
E:Come on, Kathy. You know I like the modern world, too,
艾凡:拜托,凯西。你知道我也喜欢现代化的世界,
but I really appreciate knowing how people used to live and what their lives were like.
但是我也很想知道古时候的人如何过日子,他们的生活情形是什么样子。
K:I have to admit that Im a little interested in it, too. This Old Town is very well kept up.
凯西:我得承认我也有点儿感兴趣。这座旧城保存得很好。
E:Its protected against development by the Swedish government.
艾凡:这区在瑞典政府保护下是不准开发的。
K:And yet some parts of downtown look so space-age new.
凯西:但有些在市区的部分看起来却极为新潮。
E:See You can have your cake and eat it, too!
艾凡:懂了吧鱼与熊掌是可以兼得的!
K:Ha ha! Yeah. Anyway, whats that building
凯西:哈哈!没错。不管怎样,那栋建筑物是什么
E:Thats their House of Lords.
艾凡:那是他们的上议院。
K:And that one
凯西:那么那栋呢
E:Thats the Royal Palace. Quite a building, isnt it
艾凡:那是皇宫。很了得的建筑物,不是吗
K:Ill say. Can we go see it
凯西:我同意。我们可以去参观吗
E:Sure. But we need more time. Well have dinner here in Old Town and come back tomorrow tosee the Royal Palace.
艾凡:当然可以。但是我们需要多一点时间才行。我们在旧城这里吃晚餐,明天再回来参观皇宫。
三T:Excuse me, would you please do me a favor
打扰一下,能帮我个忙吗
S:With pleasure.
非常乐意。
T:I appreciate the building so much. I am wondering if you could take a picture of me against the building.
我非常喜欢这栋建筑物。我想你是不是可以帮我以这建筑物为背景照张相。
S:No problem.
没问题。